Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday, March 15th

Got a call from Carol, Dr. Allen's nurse, and she said that she set up an appointment for a CT scan and then an office visit with Dr. Brown - an intervention radiologist - that I believe would be doing the ablation.

I mentioned to Carol that I had a reaction to the last CT scan - way back in April of last year...my heart rate went very fast and my blood pressure was a little high and that was after taking the pre-meds (prednisone and benedryl). She said she'd check with Dr. Allen to see if we could do a different scan....

She called back and said that it was okay to do an MRI....so one is scheduled for Friday, March 23rd at 2 pm and then an office visit with Dr. Brown at 4 pm....both in different buildings in NYC.

Of course this is a Friday and late in the day. After making sure that Paul would be around, I told him that we should plan on staying in the city until at least 7 pm - to avoid traffic.

Charlie was upset that I didn't make an appointment when he was off work...the only problem was that I don't have his schedule for the following week. I just told him today that he can't do much while I have the MRI in the early afternoon and he's working until 2...so maybe he could take the train from Dover to the city and meet us at the hospital where Dr. Brown's office is...he's thinking about it...he may just ask to have the day off....he is off today, so we'll know more tomorrow.

Now to pray that this weather continues...all I need is a snow storm next week! AND that this last lesion is the same size - or maybe smaller -- and the ablation can take place soon....and most of all - that this would leave me disease free. All this - and it is in God's Hands. What will be is His will.