Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday, March 1st

I heard from Dr. Allen (surgeon in NY) and he said that he doesn't think ablation would do it's job....kill the lesion completely. He's suggesting doing surgery again....full cut....and a 4 day stay in the hospital....BUT before he actually commits to that, he will have a technician look at the MRI (which I thought was recent...but was back in October - the PET scan was in January).

He will call me next week to let me know. He also said that the radiation thing...wouldn't be something that I should consider....which makes me happy....

BUT, now to think of doing a full surgery - again?!!! hmmm, this is going to be a hard decision. I'm feeling right now that I'm sure I'd have to do another MRI and if another lesion is found - then I know what I'd do....if the same one is there and about the same size...then I'd definitely go for the surgery....I also told him that I do NOT want any more chemo. He said he understands.

Other than that....I feel great!!! Still loosing hairs...but that's the least of my worries.

I mentioned the 'hair thing' to Paul and he said it would probably take about 3 months to get the chemo out of me...and wouldn't you know it --- that's what I tell customers when they want a perm...after any surgery, they should wait three months!!! duh, you think I'd listen to my own words of wisdom!!!! LOL...okay, you can chuckle at that one too!