Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday, Feb. 22 - Ash Wednesday

Just got off the phone with a nurse from blue cross/blue shield...she calls about every 6 weeks just to see how I'm doing....told her I wasn't going to do any more chemo...so she said that 'I graduated'! During our conversation she mentioned that a woman - Louise L. Hay - is a cancer survivor and she writes a daily comment - very positive. She also has a book - which I just got off the site and can't remember the name of it...I think it's 'Healing the Body'....but the nurse says it's a very positive outlook - so if you know anyone that needs a 'pick me up'....go to Ms. Hay's web site.

Been feeling fine...I still haven't heard anything from Dr. Allen - I just sent an email...and I will follow up with it via phone if I don't hear from him...I'll do that on Friday....

I'm still thinking very highly about cancelling the appointment with the oncologist regarding the radioactive micropheres. If you're interested in what Wikipedia says about this...check it out. Just type in: Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT)...then you can say that -- I think you're right in not doing this.......maybe.....

Charlie went back to work today - after being off for two days. It feels like Monday now...I have to keep remembering that it's already Wednesday!

Charlie's brother and family were here for a short visit on Monday. It was great seeing them. Being that it was the day before I do my food shopping - we ended up ordering Pizza and two sub sandwiches. Charlie's Dad was in the hospital for a large cyst on his kidney. They drained it and he should be home now.