Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday, April 9th

What a great Easter! This was one of the first 'major' holidays that I did not have chemo! I was able to enjoy my entire meal (along with seconds) without having to leave the table not feeling well. What a joy that was!

Samantha was finishing her last day at the Augusta Nationals, so we missed her at our table. This is the first year she hasn't been home for her birthday or several holiday's....too far to drive for just a few days. She'll be back home next month...actually less than a month. She's looking forward to coming home - not necessarily to see us...but her girlfriends!!! I'm sure we won't see her too often....too be young again!

I'm feeling really well! The port removal incision is getting better everyday. It never really bothered me - not enough to take Tylenol, but I knew it was there. The ablation -- it's like it was never done. I did end up with a bit of a stiff neck yesterday (did A LOT) and the nurse had said that sometimes this ablation pain radiates...so maybe that is what it was from.

When I mentioned to Charlie that my port was bothering me - he reminded me that I had 5 internal stitches....I didn't remember that one! I know and feel it's healing!

I did get Charlie's cold - but not as bad as he had it. He's still coughing and I just sound congested. OR maybe it's from my spring time allergies......

Hope you all enjoyed your Easter! and have lots of food left over so you don't have to cook - for at least one night!

Thank YOU again and again...for being part of my life and receiving all the prayers and encouragement from you. Words can never really express what I am feeling for all of you.