Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday, May 14th

Our house is officially off the market....until late fall - early winter.  Charlie is having too much fun buying plants that need loving care from Lowe's!

Sam drove from USC, alone, and arrived in time for dinner on the 6th.  The boys were here - so that was my Mother's Day!  Nicholas is in San Francisco for work - so he wasn't here yesterday.  The kids made dinner and Charlie had worked until 5.  It was a very pleasant day!

We had our mailbox stolen, again...this is the 3rd time!!!  We're the only one on this block that has been vandalized!
This has been happening for about a year now.  The first incident was the door to our mailbox along with the door flag was taken...then the clock inside the shed and the 5 x 7 US flag on the outside of the shed....we put a new clock and flag...and that was taken!  Then I put a paper plate clock and another flag....they too were gone!  In the meantime we had the blue emergency house number and noticed that was gone too!  Oh yes, the mailbox was taken - the whole thing -- during that time.  Then we put another paper plate clock and a much smaller flag that were taken....Now, sometime between late Friday to early Saturday - this last mailbox was taken.....Sam and I were going shopping and noticed it was gone, so we stopped at Lowe's and picked up another and hopefully our last mailbox.  The mailman hung a plastic bag with our mail on the nail that was still there.  They took the post that the mailbox was screwed onto.  Today Charlie noticed that there was a container with used oil in the shed....whomever is doing this must have a car.  When they took the mailbox along with the wooden shelf - that's pretty heavy and then for them to 'drop off' the used oil....I just can't wait to catch them!  Charlie filled out a report at the State Police this morning...we now have a camera and being that a stolen mailbox is a federal offense....they will prosecute!!!  I can't imagine what whomever is stealing our stuff is thinking - to see another mailbox and flag....hmmmm.

I'm feeling great...keeping busy all day too.  I have my energy level back and love every minute of it!  Too bad I have a tendency to keep munching during the day...the weight keeps piling on!  And everytime I say I will not eat 'stuff' during the day - I do!  It's my fault...I buy it all!

My hair is growing back but the top is still falling out...my hairstyle looks a little like a mans comb over!  I'd love to cut it all to the same length but I'm too vain to do that!  It's still too short - about 1/2 inch all over.

Have to have a molar pulled....boy oh boy, my Mom was 96 and just had one tooth that was an implant and that's because it was a front tooth!  I've had two other teeth removed and now this one!

That's my update.  I go for my MRI in NYC on the 25th of this month...I will post my results then.  I am praying and being positive that I am still disease free!