Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday, January 31st

Wow, the end of January and this winter has been great...so far! I hate to say it because we still have at least two months left...hopefully it will stay this way the entire winter! Who needs to move south with it being this mild?!!?

Just wanted to 'blog' to say that I'm feeling really good....I hate to go to the 'bad' point...but - now remember I do know it will grow back....but I am bald...yes, loss of hair on my right side of my head above my ear....Not sure if I mentioned that I use a 'foam mouse with color'...that kind of makes my hair look a bit better. It tints my scalp....But, I do know that it will begin to grow back...hopefully sooner than it will!!!!

I have an appointment with Dr. May on the 8th of February. I will have my port flushed and then speak with her about the 'next step'. I really do NOT want to do any more or any type of chemo again! I'm going to see if maybe I can go back to NYC (as much as I prefer NOT to..but if that's an option) to 'ablate' (burn) the last lesion. When this first happened, after the surgery, the surgeon from Sloan said that he could ablate the two 'new' lesions...but Dr. May (and I) felt we should try the chemo first....going through this surgery was hard on my body...now with it being five months...I'm ready to 'try' it.....if it's an option. When I spoke with Dr. Allen he said it would be an overnight stay and he would be able to make a small incision in the area of where he originally did the first cut. I feel it's do-able.

One other option I will bring to her attention is 'radioactive microsperes'....not sure if I can do this...reading about it states (if I read it correctly) that it will shrink, if not get rid of, the lesion and then you can do surgery....I guess it would work if the lesions were in-operable at the time...being too large. This can only be done on lesions that are in the liver. That would be done in St. Barnabus and as an outpatient...

I'm sure I won't be posting until 'after' the meeting with Dr. May.

Again, I thank you all for your prayers, positive thoughts, support and just being here for me! My friends are so very generous with their words of praise for me...thank YOU!